It’s that time of year when many of us see our monthly budgets get blown to bits.
It’s Christmas shopping month, a time that can make some of us nervous about affording the extra spending for the upcoming holidays.
Let’s talk about how to do Christmas on a budget.
How To Do Christmas On A Budget
How Do I Set Up A Christmas Budget?
How to Make a Budget For The Holidays:
- List your monthly income.
- List your expenses.
- Subtract your expenses from your income.
- Plan how much you’ll spend on gifts this year.
- Track your spending as you go.
What Is The Most Common Gift For Christmas?
According to an online holiday shopping survey carried out in the United States recently, toys, apparel, and gift cards were some of the most popular Christmas gifts shoppers were planning to buy.
Over 75 percent of respondents said that they wanted to buy such goods as a present during this year’s holiday. (Source: www.statista.com)
What Is The Five Gift Christmas Rule?
- Give them something they want.
- Give something they need.
- Give something to wear.
- Give something to read.
- Give them a gift of someplace to be.
Are Gift Cards A Good Christmas Gift?
Giving gift cards or cash at Christmas is a better option than buying someone something they don’t want or need.
It can also make life easier if you’re short on time and don’t want to get it wrong.
What Things Can You Give Someone For Free?
If you already have the supplies, you can make some free gifts from what’s in your cupboards or pantry.
- Frozen homemade meals.
- Recipe book.
- Re-gifted sweets.
How Can I Get A Cheap Christmas?
Here are some tips to help you shop smart and save money this Christmas:
- Plan ahead before you hit the mall.
- Agree on price limits for gifts.
- Be honest about what you can afford.
- Watch movies for free.
- Save on postage by combining gifts.
- Give an experience.
- Re-use old wrapping paper.
How Do You Do Christmas When You’re Broke?
How To Still Have A Magical Christmas When You’re Broke:
- Have a homemade tree ornament exchange.
- Borrow Christmas books from the library.
- Buy all of your wrapping paper supplies from a dollar store.
- Make paper snowflakes, or popcorn garland.
- Check out the local thrift stores for Christmas supplies or gifts.
How Do People Afford Christmas With No Money?
- Decorate the house for free.
- Play free Christmas music.
- Watch Christmas movies.
- Downsize your giving.
What Do You Give When You Have No Money?
Some Heartfelt Free Gift Ideas Include:
- Write down some wonderful shared moments with them.
- Create a video tribute for them.
- Share some mementos with them.
- Cook them something delicious.
- Create a mixtape.
What To Do If You Have No One To Spend Christmas With?
- Focus on some of the things you enjoy.
- Connect with others virtually.
- Remember that you don’t have to celebrate.
- Stay off social media if it bothers you.
- Volunteer for the day.
- Go for a long hike or walk.
- Treat yourself to something special.
- Write a goals list for next year.
What Else Can Be Gifted Affordably On Christmas?
- Gift cards.
- A care package.
- Board games.
- Noise cancelling earphones.
- Personalized notebooks.
We don’t have to spend as much as possible to show our loved ones that we care.
Most close friends or family members will prefer a thoughtful gift from you anyway.
If and when you do go shopping, don’t go out into the crowds without a clear, overall budget in mind.
Please comment or follow the links, thanks for reading.
2 thoughts on “How To Do Christmas On A Budget”
Nice post 👍
LikeLiked by 1 person
thanks for visiting!